For young couples, recently married and under 5 years of marriage, we have a marriage maintenance program for you. Twice a year, we offer an evening of marriage enrichment run by a team of 5 couples. It is not intended to be a class on living marriage. The 5 lead couples offer a topic of conversation (how to deal with inlaws; what happens in a marriage when children arrive, etc.) and share some of their own experience. The young couples are invited to discuss amongst themselves the subject to learn from eachother's wisdom.
There are other activities in our evenings, but we invite you to come and see.
Basic guidelines for a good marriage, which we strongly encourage:
1) Keep the day of the Lord. The day of the Lord is a day to rest, have fun, spend time with family, and honour the Lord. Sunday is the day of the Lord.
2) A weekly date ( not talk about children, money , or the job... just me and you!) A date does not have to cost money. Can be a walk in the park.
3) Each day do an examination of day. Tell your spouse the one thing she/ he did or said which endeared them to me... today! Tell her - him again of your love.
4) Daily, if you need to, ask forgiveness for some unthoughtful action or word which you regret. Repentance is part of Catholic life!
5) See a marriage counsellor once a year... for a tune up
6) Find something each year, by way of marriage enrichment, some activity to atttend (e.g. marriage encounter for example)
7) Place Christ first in your lives. Worship Him daily, alone and also pray together. If you don't know how to pray, ask us, and we'll be happy to give you some coaching.
We pray that your marriages may be strong and that our couples blossom in the Lord's and eachother's love......